XSEDE @ SCSU
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
Join us for a free two-day in-person workshop hosted by South Carolina State and the Extreme Science and Engineering Discovery Environment (XSEDE). Modeling, simulation, data analytics and visualization help us make sense of complex and large quantities of information, leading to insight and new discoveries. These important skills can accelerate your research and increase your students’ employment options and graduate school opportunities.
Open to all faculty and students, the agenda includes:
- Overview of XSEDE – the NSF investment in Advanced Computing and Cyberinfrastructure for research and education
- Computational Thinking: Introduction to Analytics, Modeling, and Simulation in Teaching
- XSEDE New User Training – Requesting Access, Submitting Jobs, File Transfer, User Services, and Science Gateways
- Introduction to Scientific Visualization – Hands-on with visualization tools to gain insight and understand your data.
- One-on-one consulting: Discuss using XSEDE to power your research Attend the entire workshop or just one or two sessions.
Additional logistics and reminders will be sent the week before the workshop.
Register by October 5, 2017, to reserve your space and ensure that you will have access to all of the resources used during the training sessions.
The registration password is SCSUXSEDE01. If you do not have a XSEDE User Account, you will be asked to create one before registering.
For each session attended, you will receive proof of participation that can be used for recognition of professional development or proof of attendance to satisfy a class assignment.
To request a consulting meeting, please send your name, times that you will be available during the workshop hours, a brief statement of your research or a copy of an abstract, and any specific questions to John Holly firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Contact Dr. Damian Clarke at DClarke5@scsu.edu.g
South Carolina State University
300 College Street NE, Orangeburg SC 29117
1-800-260-5956 or 803-536-7000
Transforming Lives. Inspiring Greatness.